Thursday, November 6, 2008

Honeymoon Day One

The morning after our wedding was an early one for me. G's brother had to be back in NY that day, so since G isn't an early riser I got up with his family to see him off. Before I could head back to my room...there was Trent. :)

Before too long everyone was awake and ready to go. My dad was making coffee and my mom was making breakfast. Now do you see why I brought them along? KIDDING! :) Once someone was up and could watch Trent, I went to my room to shower. Our room was on the floor with the kitchen and living room....above all the other bedrooms. We thought it would give us a little privacy. But when I came out of the shower that morning and there were 3 adults and 5 children racing around the room and jumping on the bed...I knew we had been wrong. :)




So it's Monday... the sun was shining and we were able to take T to see the water for the first time since we arrived at the beach. We couldn't walk on the beach because the tide was still too high, but the sun was a welcome sight after all the clouds, wind and rain!


See how yucky the beach looks??? ICKY! So many places had suffered damage from the storm. When we watched the news we saw where several beach houses had collapsed. Scary stuff.


Monday was a low-key day for us. We spent most of the day hanging out at the house and cleaning up from the wedding. My aunt was able to arrange things at her job so that she could work on the Outer Banks that week. It was neat because she would come and hang out with us after work and stay until she was ready to check in for the night. On this particular day the girls went for a walk and looked at all the houses in the area while the men stayed at the house and played pool. We did so much talking and so much laughing! THIS is why we invited everyone on our honeymoon. :) THIS is the good stuff.

And speaking of good stuff.....this last photo is just awesome to me. By the Master Artist Himself. :)


No comments: