Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Conversations with Trent



This is one of those "have to share it" conversations. It took place yesterday morning while Trent and I were on the road.
Trent: "Mommy, when I get big....can I drive all by myself?"
Mommy: "Yes, Trent. When you are big enough for a driver's license you can drive all by yourself. In fact, maybe you'll even have your own car one day. What color car would you like to have?"
Trent "Mommy." (said in the MOST sarcastic tone of voice) "I'm not going to have a car....I'll have a BIKE!"
Mommy: "Well, Trent, no one can ride with you on a bike. What if you have a girlfriend one day? Where will she ride?"
Trent: "She'll ride on the back of me."
(Time out....How old is he????)
Mommy: "Well where's Mommy gonna ride?"
Trent: (spoken in one of those matter of fact tones) "Mommy, you'll just have to ride in your own car."
He's only 4 and he has it all figured out.

1 comment:

janet said...

Love this little talk!