Thursday, April 3, 2008

A cry of relief!!

Some would say it was a "sigh" of relief, but this morning when I made my daily rounds on the internet I found myself crying, not sighing. I have been following the blog of Nathan and Tricia (and Gwyneth) since January 4, 2008. Our church sent out an e-mail asking us to pray for this family and since then I have found myself absorbed in their life....praying for them and reading their blog daily (ok...and to see the photos....great photos!). I don't know them personally, but they're from NC and they're Baptist...so I feel like we're family. :)

Anyway, Tricia has Cystic Fibrosis. I don't know a lot about CF and have never known anyone with CF, but I've seen/read what she and her family have been going through over the last few months while living in Duke hospital. Part of this includes the birth of their 1 lb. 6 oz. daughter who is growing more and more everyday! It also includes the insane wait for a new set of lungs for Tricia.

Well, as of yesterday....Tricia has new lungs!! I didn't realize that this moment would effect me like it has, but it's all I can think about today and when I read a new update I get all misty-eyed. At first I started reading the blog out of curiosity. Then I saw it as a daily reminder of how much I take for granted. And now it's like my daily dose of "look what God can do". Miracle after miracle. The big stuff and the little stuff.

I won't keep on rambling, but if you haven't seen their blog then here ya go:

It's amazing, I tell ya...AMAZING!!!

2 comments:

S, E, or O said...

Yay! You told me about this family a few months ago! We prayed for them, too! Good news!

CFHusband said...

Thank you!