Sunday, June 8, 2008

Beach Trip: Day Three

Day Three: Tuesday. Tuesday was a busy day for us. I started realizing how fast the week was going by and I wanted to DO something.
Trent pretty much played the entire time we were in the cottage. Here he is in his beach bum attire (the hat is mine, but he said he needed a matching hat). He's supposed to be eating breakfast, but we're on vacation....anything goes.


Putt-putt. We can't go to the beach and NOT play putt-putt. The last few times we have taken Trent have been pretty bad. He doesn't have the attention span for such a sport as this. He did MUCH better this year....at least through the first 8-10 holes. The last half of the course was pretty hectic. When he would take his time, he'd out-putt all of us!



The G-man...he thinks he's a pro-golfer. Puh-lease. You wish. :) He does pretty good on the PS2, but I've never seen him on a course bigger than this one.


Trent loved this digger toy and pushed it up and down the beach for the longest time. He didn't care much for building a sandcastle, but he was thrilled to play with this little toy.


Trent is my no-fear child. I'm so cautious with him in the ocean. If he could have it his way, he'd be out in the middle of the ocean. Nothing scares him. So as you can see, I ordered G to hold his hand at all times. Later in the week you'll see where I lightened up on him a bit.

My happy boy running back to me! He kept telling me over and over that he didn't want to go home. He kept saying how much he loved the beach...and "his" house at the beach.


But it all caught up with him and when we drove out to Corolla, he was so out of it. The beach makes him so tired! He hasn't slept on our shoulder since our trip last year. It's a very rare and treasured thing!

But you wake him up and mention go-karts and he's ready to go! You can't tell it in the photo, but they ended up with the slowest car. Next time they're getting a red one. :)

Another shopping/walking spot. We came here Sunday night, but I wanted to come back with my camera and catch the sunset. Unfortunately it was really cloudy and the sun was hiding.


But I still managed a few cute pictures.


I took a picture of this bathroom sign because I felt like we spent half of our vacation waiting outside the restrooms. I'm SO thankful Trent is potty trained, but he had to check out every bathroom at every stop.....and a few on the side of the road. :)

End of Day Three. At this point we're hoping G's family will join us on Day Four. We're having a great time, but keep thinking it would be even more fun with more people.

No comments: