Saturday, June 7, 2008

Beach Trip: Day Two

Day Two: Monday. Our first full day at the beach. Thank goodness I took so many photos...the days are already runnng together.

Monday we went to Jockey's Ridge. That's one of those things you do on your first trip to the OBX. Once you've been you usually don't go back for awhile. It's a lot of sand. Pretty amazing...but a lot of sand. I hadn't been since I was really young, so we decided to take Trent and let him run.....as far as he could see.







We went back to the cottage....exhausted. However, we were not too tired for some pool fun! Trent had this cool Spiderman suit. The top is like a life preserver. So he could be in the pool and we didn't have to constantly hold him. But don't worry...there was always someone within arms reach. ;)


Popsicles! Yum! Trent picked these out before we left home. He said they were "beach snacks".

We had dinner at the Sunset Bar and Grille. It was voted the most scenic place to eat dinner on the water by the Travel Channel. The food was good....expensive....but good.


There's always time for ice cream at the beach. And there are ice cream shops on every corner in Duck.
We shopped here almost daily. A nice place to walk and shop and just be cool. :) I looked like the model tourist. I had my backpack on my back, camera around my neck...and I was always stopping to buy shirts and hats. However, we're close enough to the beach that they gave us the "local" discount.

They had a toy store. Trent was thrilled. He went Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Lots of neat things to play with.

The hammock is great for people who like them. I always feel like I'm going to be dumped, so I just stayed out and took photos. :)
Last year we went looking for crabs every night after dark. Trent had so much fun that we decided to do it again this year.


However, after we caught this big boy....he was done! He was so scared that they were going to bite him or he was going to step on one. Oh well...

Day two is over. At this point we were already dreading Friday, but looking forward to lots more fun!

No comments: