Sunday, June 22, 2008

Goin' to the Chapel: Part One

Saturday I had the honor and priviledge of photographing the wedding of Heather and Jeff Matthews! I have known Heather for....well....ever. We went to church together as kids. She was a youngin' in my youth group when I was youth director. And as we grew older...we grew more and more alike.

It has often been said that Heather and I look alike. We used to both wear glasses, wear our hair in buns and often wear the same clothes. And as we were planning for this wedding, we found ourselves thinking with the same brain...suggesting photos the other was thinking.

So I couldn't have been happier when Heather and Jeff asked me to photograph their wedding!! It was an amazing day! The ceremony was as perfect as a wedding ceremony can be! You'll get to see more about that later. But because she IS such a great friend of mine, I want to walk you through our day together yesterday.

The day began at Kut-N-Up hair salon at 9:00. Not many brides want me to "stalk" them all day, but Heather didn't want me to miss a single detail of this special day. So I put on my hideous, but comfy black shoes and prepared myself for a long day of bride chasing. :)

Here are some photos of the girls getting their hair and makeup done. Stay tuned for Part Two.


No comments: