Friday, May 9, 2008

Busy Day.

I knew today would be a busy day. I just thought I would be busy cleaning my house. Well, I did lots of cleaning today, but not at my house.

I slept late this morning...trying to catch up on sleep lost at the convention. :) It was raining/storming and I just enjoyed the extra snooze. When I checked my messages I had lots of frantic messages about something being wrong at G's parents' house. G was gone and as soon as he came in I had him check his messages...revealing that a tornado had touched down at his parents' house. His dad was very emotional so we expected the worst.

Luckily no one was hurt and the house wasn't too severely damaged. There was some structure and roof damage but the important thing is no one was hurt. It was AMAZING how much damage could be done in 30 seconds (in a bad/cool sort of way). Trees had been pulled up like weeds....literally pulled straight up out of the ground. Debris was everywhere. Just hearing G's dad talk about seeing the tornado and the tin flying everywhere gave me chills.

A work crew was working on the road at their house and had to brave the storm in their trucks...one of which was literally picked up by the wind. These guys got a photo of the twister and I've heard it resembles the tornado in "The Wizard of Oz".

The craziest thing was the news crews. They are so violating and the helicopters circled for hours. I spoke with a guy from one of the crews and told him we were beyond ready for them to leave....and did my best to keep them off the property. So while you will see some of the damage on the news...you won't see it all. But I borrowed Mom's camera and took several photos. You'll see those tomorrow.

So an adventurous day it was. I am exhausted. G was supposed to work tonight, but he called in. He said that going back to work is going to feel like a vacation. :) (And when I post tomorrow you'll understand even more why he's so tired.)

I promised a give-away for today, but I'm just too tired to photograph the goodies. Keep checking back....it's going to be cool! See you tomorrow!

No comments: