Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mother's Day Dinner

We're always a little behind on everything. With G's crazy work schedule, we've learned to celebrate holidays, birthdays, etc. whenever we can. And it also means that a lot of events turn into multi-family events so we can celebrate with everyone at one time.

Well, G had to work Sunday....Mother's Day. So this meant that we couldn't really "celebrate" with the mothers. I did go to church and lunch (McD's...ha!) with my mom. But since G couldn't be a part of the fun we planned a Mother's Day dinner for our moms (the dads got to eat, too) and had it Tuesday night.

These were the table decorations and each mom got to take their plants home. My mom's color was green and G's mom's were blue (pictured below).



At each of the mom's place at the table we had these colanders filled with goodies. Once again my mom's was green (pictured) and G's moms was blue.


The food was delicious (and I can say that because G cooked most of it). G grilled a yummy pork tenderloin that was marinated and then rubbed with a lime/cilantro/cumin concoction. He also grilled apples which are always my favorite! I made some roasted potatoes and broccoli and this yummy vanilla/fudge marble cake (pictured below).

We had a great night. When there's good food, good people and good chats...what more do you need? :)

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there....even if I am a few days late. :)

1 comment:

S, E, or O said...

Okay, what are you NOT good at?! You are so brillant! :)