Thursday, May 1, 2008

Fat Baby Bindi.

Ok...I have some odd dreams, but last night's beats all.

A little background info: Everyone around me is having babies right now. I think it's God's way of testing/torturing me during these years of celibacy. So I hold babies and I can feel the fever coming on....the baby fever. And the fact that I'm knocking on 30's door isn't even funny (I'll be 28 in Sept). G is pretty set on waiting a year or two after we're married before having a youngin'. Torture, plain torture.

More background: As much as I LOVE having a son, I've always wanted to know what it was like to have a girl. I would be perfectly happy with a house full of boys, but I would be tickled pink (hehehe!) if I had a girl one day.

So last night I dream that I'm going in the hospital (in Greenville) to have a baby...and once again I don't know what I'm having. In the dream I REALLY want a girl. As it turns out, I have twins. I have a girl and a boy. Well, the girl is just plain ugly. And fat. The biggest and ugliest baby I have ever seen in my life. She's so ugly that when it comes time to name her I say, "Just name her Bindi.". Bindi? Like the crocodile hunter's kid??? What kind of name is Bindi?? Not only that, but in this dream I had decided to have my baby in Greenville because I thought it would be much nicer than Ahoskie. Well, it wasn't. The floor was nasty and the bed was SO uncomfortable. I was so frustrated with all of it that I went to sit out in the hall until they could get me a better room (What is this? The Hilton?). A mean ol' nurse runs me back into my dreadful room where I finally see my baby boy. And he's just perfect. He's not fat and far from ugly. But after my disappointment with the girl and the hotel...I mean, hospital....I decide to name him......



.....Bindi. Yes, two kids with the same name.

And that's when I wake up. THANK GOODNESS! But the lesson learned: Be careful what you wish for. You may get what you want....but it may be fat and ugly. And the things you may not wish for? Well, they may be perfect in every way. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a horrible story. For all the little girls named Bindi in the world, you have a beautiful name.......what sort of name is Clare!!!!