Sunday, May 18, 2008

The nose knows.

First off...I have a VERY sensitive sniffer. If something stinks...I'm gonna smell it. And if I smell it...I'm gonna do everything I can to get rid of it.

Second...there's a stinch in my house and I can't figure out what it is.

Third...I'm still feeling funky. My body can't decide if it wants to feel like it has the flu or a tummy bug...or both. But this icky smell isn't cooperating with the nausea.

I've been smelling this funk for weeks...just can't locate it. So today was just the last straw. I pulled myself from the couch....deciding I was either going to find and conquer the smell or I was going to find a huge can of air freshener and arm myself with it. So I get in bloodhound mode....sniffing every inch and corner of the house.

When I think I'm close...I start cleaning. I *thought* it was in the hall closet. I had some blankets and extra pillows in there, so I pulled them out and sent them to the laundry pile. I figured if I was in the closet I should go ahead and clean/purge it. So the closet is clean...but the smell is still there.

Next I head to Trent's room...usually the source of most odors. And BAM!...I hit the jackpot. Apparently in T's pre-potty training days he decided to take a leak on his rug. Not only does it reek like something awful....it has left a nasty stain under the rug...on the hardwood floors. So I pulled the rug from his room and as soon as I have another burst of energy I'll toss it out the door.

It felt wonderful to find the source of the stinch...but it totally exhausted me, so now I have returned to the couch.

Not five minutes later...my sniffer picks up another odor. This one is dusty/musty. My guess is the air filter needs changing. And I WILL find out what it is...today.

So if I ever go to your house and something stinks....I'll be the first to know it. The nose knows.

No comments: