Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ramblings....

A few things going on:

1. Leaving tomorrow for a 2-day adventure....away from the boys. Going to Mount Olive College to take some photos at a women's convention. Should be interesting. I'll post details when I return. I think I'll leave the laptop home this time since I'm caught up on photo orders. So if you need me....call me.

2. I'm officially without a toenail on my big toe....left foot. Wore flip-flops yesterday and Trent stepped into my toe....resulting in a very painful toenail removal. Who'da thought a toenail could hurt so bad. Yes, I'm a big baby.

3. I got a new cell phone today (same number as before). I've had my old phone for FOUR YEARS. Seriously....it was past time to get a new one. It has all kinds of fancy functions that I'll probably never use, but at least I won't get laughed at because my phone is a dinosaur. The dude was telling about all these ringtones I could have, but I can't stand ringtones...much less my phone ringing....so I know I won't use that function. I keep my phone on vibrate....can't stand startling noises.

4. Thinking about doing a giveaway on my blog Friday....make sure you check back. I'm offering a new product in the photography line....hint, hint.

5. We've been doing all kinds of home improvement projects this week. I got a wild hair Sunday and decided to paint my kitchen. It was after church, but probably not the most restful activity I could have chosen. My kitchen used to be teal/brown....now it's mostly blue. I want to get a BIG black frame and frame one of my favorite photos for my wall.

6. This one deserves it's own number even though it falls under #5. You know how you used to walk in my side door and there were cabinets in front of you? Well....they're no longer there. Yep...another wild hair. I wanted a place to sit....somewhere to keep shoes, etc. So the bench that used to be on my front porch (the one G built) is going to go on the side porch....where the cabinets used to be. I'm hoping G got those hints I've been dropping about wanting a sitting area on the sunporch....couch, chair, table, etc. :) Yes...I'm crazy! :)

7. Trent got 5 shots last Friday. Poor child has a HUGE bruise on his little thigh. He rarely goes to the doctor and he's proclaimed that he is NEVER going back. Hate to break it to him, but he has to get round 2 of the hepatitis shot in December. He has a whole new (dis)respect for doctors...hahaha! But we've told him these shots were his ticket to school and boyhood, so he's somewhat ok with it.

8. Did you know that there have been music artists in the past with similar names: Walter St. Clair and Gary St. Clair. How odd is that?? Freaky, huh??

9. I love the show Hell's Kitchen. They could have picked a much nicer name...one I could at least say in front of my child....but it's such a fun show.

10. American Idol is going off which means I need to get up and finish cleaning/packing (during HK's commercials, of course!).

1 comment:

S, E, or O said...

I love your blogs! You're funny! Have fun at MOC and re-doing your kitchen!